The Importance of Carbon Monoxide Detectors
When shopping for a new home or looking for things to improve upon in the home you currently live in, you probably check out things like the refrigerator, the size of the closets, the paint, countertops and cabinets, but do you ever give a second thought to your carbon monoxide detector? Most people say “probably not.” In fact, it’s rarely even an “amenity” listed on home rental sites and it’s not usually something you think of when planning home improvement projects. But carbon monoxide detectors are one of the most important things you can have installed in your home.
Scott Heating & Cooling can install a carbon monoxide detector in your home, so you’re protected. If you’re still on the fence about whether or not they’re worth the investment, here are why they are super important to have in your home.
First: What is Carbon Monoxide?
Many people think that if carbon monoxide is leaking into their home, they would notice. You may be thinking: well, wouldn’t I see or smell it? Maybe even hear a hiss as it escapes from wherever it’s coming from? Not exactly. Carbon monoxide is an invisible and odorless gas that can exist in your home without you even realizing it. Carbon monoxide is incredibly dangerous to humans and animals, meaning that you, your family, and even your pets are at risk when a leak occurs. It can become deadly even just within minutes. When a leak happens, you want to know right away so you can vacate the premises. If not, there could be serious, and even deadly, consequences.
Second: Carbon Monoxide Detectors Alert You Right Away
Imagine this: you’re sleeping in your bed at night without a care in the world when a carbon monoxide leak happens. Because you’re asleep (and even if you were awake), you’d have no way of knowing this was happening. A carbon monoxide detector alerts you right away so you can get out of your home and notify the necessary authorities to repair the leak for you.
Third: It’s Never a Bad Investment
At Scott Heating & Cooling, we can install a high-quality carbon monoxide detector so you can be prepared just in case the unthinkable happens. If you don’t have a detector installed in your home or you’re not sure the one you do have now is working, give us a call! We’re happy to ensure you have a good, working detector in your home to protect you.